- 1989-1992 In the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Armenia in Moscow he was a leading specialist of the economic department, head of the economic policy department,
- 1992-1994 – General Director of “Armenintorg” State Foreign Economic Union,
- 1994-1997 – First Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of the Republic of Armenia
- 1997-1998 – Minister of Finance and Economy of the Republic of Armenia
- 1998-1999 – Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia
- 1999-2000 – Minister of Economy of the Republic of Armenia
- 2000 – Founder, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the International Center for Human Development,
- 2001 – Rector of the Armenian-Russian University, Co-Chair of the Board of Trustees.